• Basic services of funeral director and staff
• Local one-person removal of deceased from place of death
o If over 25 miles from funeral home add $3.50/mile
• Coordination with legally authorized person(s) to execute contract (Statement of Goods and Service) authorizing funeral home to perform services and preparation of death certificate and all legal documents/authorizations required under Ohio OR PA law
• Required Certificates/Letters/Authorizations/Permits:
o Coordination with doctor to sign original death certificate
o File Original Death Certificate and obtain Certified Copies of Death Certificate (If needed) (Cash Advanced item) from the Ohio or Pennsylvania Department of Health.
o Obtain a Burial/Transit/Cremation Permit from the PA or OH Department of Health. (ADD $3.00 permit fee in OHIO)
• Embalming of normal case**and Other Preparation of Deceased
o Basic restoration and cosmetics
o Simple hair dressing or barber service
o Dressing and casketing
• Casket by Matthews International or Astral Casket Company ($895 already included)
o 20 GA steel non-gasketed Baron or Alex (available in six interior/exterior colors)
• Outer Burial Container is NOT REQUIRED under PA or OHIO law but may be a requirement of your cemetery
o Prices Range from $635 to $9,050 IN ADDITION to the package price
• Register book and 200 prayer cards
• Use of staff and equipment for one (3) hour Public Farewell/religious service at the funeral home, service ends at the funeral home
• Local transportation to cemetery without family or public attendance or rites
• Free Online Obituary on the Funeral Home website that can be shares on all social media and placement of local newspaper death notices (Cash advanced item)
• OTHER things every family should consider when arranging funeral/cremation services:
Remember that after the funeral your family still needs money to live therefore should stay true to a realistic budget even if you have a death benefit or life insurance policy
The cost of other items associated with the service that a family may incur separately from the funeral home charges:
Cemetery Charges for grave/mausoleum, opening of burial space, vault for grave, headstone and installation, lettering of crypt
Honorariums for the church, clergy, soloist, organist
Cost of Luncheon, Mercy Breakfast or other meal gathering
Cost of Flowers
Other merchandise and cash advance items are additional.
All funeral homes doing business in the State of Ohio are required to collect sales tax on all items of personal tangible property. (7.25% on merchandise)
Easily servicing the counties of Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana in Ohio and Lawrence, Beaver and Mercer in PA and further.
Prices are effective as of March 1, 2020 and are subject to change without notice.